ABOUT THE BROTHERHOOD
Brotherhood: A Service Arm of Our Congregation
The mission of Temple Beth Torah's Brotherhood is to promote an ongoing relationship with God, Torah, Israel and the Jewish people through worship, study, culture and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world), L’dor V’Dor (from generation to generation), with special emphasis on our youth as the path to the future.
Temple Beth Torah's Brotherhood strengthens our ties, and our children’s ties, to our Jewish heritage and tradition.
Only with a robust, engaged membership can the Brotherhood most effectively serve the Congregation. The Brotherhood offers opportunities to chair events, participate in the rollout of initiatives, and exhibit leadership. Every male congregant is encouraged to join the Brotherhood.
Who is Brotherhood?We are a group of guys from our congregation - your friends and peers - who get together regularly to build personal, professional, and spiritual relationships with each other and the temple. We talk about issues important to men: being married, being single, children, health, finance, cooking, cars, sports, and generally provide a place for venting, inquiry, seriousness, and silliness. And we provide assistance to numerous facets of the Temple Beth Torah community at large.
What is Brotherhood?Within the structure of the congregation, Brotherhood is the “service arm” of our Temple, and the members of Brotherhood provide many services for our congregation. It is a place where people meet, plan and make friends.
Our Brotherhood dues support family activities, provide extra funds for our youth groups and sponsor temple events such as the annual picnic. Brotherhood is service.
What are Brotherhood's Goals?
- Connect with new and familiar colleagues, friends, and the temple community.
- Strengthen and serve our congregation to promote the growth of Reform Judaism.
- Serve Jewish and humanitarian causes in the local Wellington community and at higher levels.
- Enhance learning and leadership skills - yours and others.
Some of the Important Activities and Work We Do Includes ...
All men who are members of Temple Beth Torah are strongly encouraged to join Brotherhood. Want to check us out? Come to a Brotherhood meeting (usually the first Sunday of each month at 9am at Temple Beth Torah) - we provide the bagels, schmear, and coffee. Find out more and check out our calendar of events at the Temple Beth Torah Brotherhood website (http://www.tbtbrotherhood.com/), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fund gifts for our youth groups
- Purchase educational tools for our schools
- Assist with the High Holy Day services and other temple events
- Service in building the congregational sukkah
- Aid with refreshments at numerous temple events
- Work with the temple's Sisterhood in operating the annual family picnic event
- Organize family outings, such as fishing trips, Marlins baseball and Dolphins football game field trips
- Our annual Kick-Off Party and Football Night and Brotherhood Membership Paid-Up Dinner
- The holiday Latkes & Vodka party
- Our annual springtime Poker Tournament
- Planning and participating in the annual Brotherhood High School Graduation Shabbat Service, where we award scholarships to TBT high school seniors
Your Temple Beth Torah Brotherhood is affiliated with the Federation of Jewish Men's Clubs (https://fjmc.org/) and the Florida Region of FJMC (https://floridaregionfjmc.org/).
- Paul L. Gaba, President
- Samuel Glucksman, Vice President
- Roger Grave de Peralta, Treasurer
- Bob Eisenberg, Secretary
- Joel Zaidspiner, President Emeritus
Click HERE to be redirected to the Temple Beth Torah website.